Hotel Information (10/9/15 through 10/11/15):
Bridge Vista Hotel and Convention Center
1027 South Huron St.
Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Date: Saturday October 10, 2015
Time: First race begins at 1:00 PM
Location: Sault Area High School, 904 Marquette Ave, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- Runners: $180 total – This includes the bus ride, two (2) nights at the hotel, two (2) breakfasts at the hotel, the meal in Gaylord, and ferry ride to Mackinac Island. Please use the signup genius here to verify your XC runner will be attending the Sault trip.
- The only meal that is not included for the team members is the meal on Mackinac Island Sunday afternoon!
- Parents Riding the Bus: $70.00 per person and includes your meal in Gaylord. If you are a parent interested in riding the bus, please use the signup genius here to reserve your spot and indicate the number of people riding.
- Meal at Gaylord: $5.00 per person for parents/family driving separately who wish to partake.
- Post-Race Meal at Mackinaw City Hotel: $5.00 for children and $10.00 for adults who wish to partake.
- Ferry Ride: $9.00 for round trip. Parents/siblings, please use the signup genius if you are planning to ride the ferry to Mackinac Island.
- Checks payable to: SL Girls XC Boosters. Submit payment to Tom Flannery, Mark Settembrini or to Coach. DEPOSIT OF $100 MUST BE TURNED IN BY SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2015. THE FINAL BALANCE IS DUE BY THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2015 FOR THE RUNNERS. If you are a parent/sibling riding the bus, eating in Gaylord, at the Mackinaw City Hotel, or riding the ferry, please make those payments as well by September 19, 2015.
Hotel cost for parents and additional family members is detailed below. Please note that the hotel cost, and other costs detailed below are included in the cost for athletes.
THERE ARE VERY FEW ROOMS AVAILABLE AT OUR SPECIAL RATE. THE LOWEST RATES AVAILABLE FROM THE HOTEL ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Friday night is $109.00 plus 11% tax.
- Saturday night is $139.00 plus 11% tax.
- Total cost for the weekend is $275.28. This cost includes two (2) breakfasts and waterpark admission.
- Rooms must be reserved by September 11 to secure this rate. Click here to make your reservation!
- Note that the hotel has a 72-hour-in-advance cancellation policy.
We are finalizing details on which charter bus company we will be using, and will update this information as soon as possible.
Thursday October 8, 6:30 – 8:00 pm Luggage Drop off the Miller’s: 61890 Topsfield Lane, South Lyon, MI
Friday, Oct 9:
- 2:30pm: Bus picks up luggage (need volunteers to meet and help load the bus)
- 2:45 – 2:50pm: Bus arrives at SLHS bus loop. Athletes, coaches, & parent riders board.
- 3:00 (at the latest!): Bus departs SLHS
- 6:00 – 6:30 PM: Arrive in Gaylord; easy run, dinner in park. Note that meals here are provided for bus riders only. Anyone meeting the bus in Gaylord will have to provide their own meal, unless you make prior arrangements to purchase the meal with the team.
- 9:00 – 10:00 PM: Arrive at Hotel in Mackinaw City. Room keys will be passed out to the girls. Unload luggage; short team meeting in the hotel meeting room.
- 11:00 PM: Girls in rooms for the night. NO SWIMMING FRIDAY NIGHT!
Saturday, Oct 10:
- 8:00 – 10:00 AM: Volunteer parents drive to course, set up tents, run course.
- 8:00 AM: Continental breakfast is served at hotel. CD says all girls should eat breakfast!
- 9:45 AM: Girls should be packed and in the lobby
- 10:00 AM: Bus departs hotel for Sault Area High School
- 1:00 – 3:30 PM: Varsity and JV races. Team meeting, awards and meal after meet.
- 3:30 PM: Volunteers will be needed to help tear down tents and pack bus.
- 4:30 PM: Depart Sault Ste Marie and drive to Mackinaw City hotel. Unpack. Girls have the evening to go out and have fun.
- 6:30 – 7:30 PM (approximately): Bus takes anyone who want to go into town. Exact time TBD.
- 9:00 PM: Bus picks up everyone from downtown for hotel.
Sunday, Oct 11:
- 8:00 AM: Continental breakfast served in hotel lobby.
- 8:30 AM: Girls should be packed and in the lobby.
- 8:45 AM: Depart for Shepler’s Ferry.
- 9:30 AM: Take ferry to Mackinac Island.
- 10:00 – 12:00 PM: Run around the island. No stopping! (volunteers needed to follow the runners on bikes and provide water & collect clothing)
- 12:00 PM: After run: Fun on island (meals and souvenirs not provided on the island)
- 3:00 PM: Board ferry, depart island and head back to South Lyon. Bus riders plan to arrive at SLHS by 8:00pm.
What to bring:
- Overnight bag
- Uniform and running gear (for all types of weather)
- Extra socks
- Cold weather clothing
- Extra running shoes
- Swim suit and towel
- Water bottle
- Jacket, gloves & hat
- Spending money
- Healthy snacks
- Parents: Bring chairs for meet and/or dinner at the high school.